These are all noteworthy places if you are in the area. It is certainly difficult to evaluate restaurants, as most purchase their groceries and ready-made food off the Sysco truck. Not many actually make pie crust or even homemade soups, most are made from the same overly-salty, starchy soup bases. Because of this, I have never been overly fond of ordering soup. I have been disappointed on many occasions with my order, but seldom comment negatively.
- The Serving Spoon, Menominee ~ Excellent service always. Best Coffee in town!
- Falling Rock Cafe and Bookstore, Munising ~ Good coffee, simple food, friendly.
- The Wild Rover, Marquette. ~ Excellent food, however the service is questionable and inconsistent.
- Moose Jackson Cafe, Iron Mountain ~ Amazing sandwiches and wraps, great coffee.
- The Angry Trout Cafe, Grand Marais ~ The only restaurant I am familiar with that is truly committed to operating with the concept of sustainability, positively affecting the local community; economically, socially and environmentally! Kudos to an amazing place!!